Friday, August 20, 2010

To record the Truth

What is Truth?

What I see and believe is true to me, but is it truth? It is also said that, what one sees and hers is not always the truth! What is truth then? What is true to me may not be have the same meaning for the other person. Is there difference between Truth and True?
Does is also have a time frame? What is true today, can it be not-true tomorrow?

At the church the groom whole-heartedly and from the bottom of his heart said, “I do.” But the same husband is later accused of killing his wife, which he indeed did. Which one is to be believed?

What do I do with the person who used to tell me her problems, seek suggestions, helps, and now does not even want to talk to me? Why should I be friend to the person who is partying with the same group of people against whom she complained to me, and I stood for her? (Does it sounds like someone being ditched.)

I used to tell people, “Please, try not to hurt me even unknowingly, not to talk about hurting me knowingly. One is welcome to be my friend, but if I get hurt somehow, it will be difficult for me to forgive & forget.” And, they DID hurt me. And, knowingly. What do I do now? I am also a human being! Is this what I am supposed to get? Is this what I have asked for? Or am I being taken for ride by the people who I thought are my friends and well wishers?

What is life? What life has to offer? Is just not being dead called ‘alive’? For whom are we living? Are we living for ourselves or for others? If living for oneself is called selfish, why do we have to live for others? Is this not applies to others also? If everyone is living & loving for the other, who is there for me? Is seeking a little love from live is too demanding?
“Socha nahin acha bura
Dekha suna kuch bhi nahin
Manga Khuda sey her waqt
Teray siwa kuch bhi nahin…”


Can one control his emotions? Should we hide our emotions? I don’t know. I don’t even know how to hide one’s emotions. I am an emotional person, very sentimental person. My feelings are visible in me, and I don’t try to hide it. I am as readable as newspaper.

John Lenon said, “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.” Then what wrong have I done if I too have dreamt? If dreamers are to be dealt with capital punishment, then words like bed, sleep, dream, etc. should not have featured in the dictionary even.

I am not a loner, but I do feel lonely at time. Recently, at the office when I felt lonely, people started asking me about my family. But I think, being alone is not lonely. Loneliness is a state of mind. One can and feel, and be lonely even in a jam-packed stadium.

Who is a friend? Even the shadow gets lost when it is darkened! To say if from Asha Bhonsle’s ghazal,
“Dil dharekna ka sabab yaad aya, wo teri yaad thi ub yaad aya…”

Sometime even Chitra Singh makes me cry when I hear her singing,
“Jab naam tera pyar se
Likhti hain ungliya,
Meri taraft zamane ki
Uthti hain ungliya…”

19 August 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment