Monday, August 16, 2010

Zia at her new new school


Zia, my four-years-old daughter has just started going to school.

She is very happy. A new school, new Madam, new friends, new uniforms! Perhaps it is the same with every kid. Zia's schooling changed our daily life. Instead of watching TV till late hours, now we have to switch off all sources of lights by 10 p.m. and go to bed.

I have to get up by 5-30 in the morning. I woke up Zia at 6. She does not make a fuss about getting up early. She needs a lot of time to finish her breakfast. From getting up to feed her breakfast, and make her ready for school is my unofficial duty. I enjoy doing that. I am sure all other father must also be enjoying doing this as much as I do. Perhaps some of them do much more.

I heard people telling, let a baby come; it will change your life. How true it is. She really changed our lives. Now, we have only one topic to discuss - Zia. But she is very naughty. She is becoming arrogant. Things she will do what we ask her not to do. Sometime, she is very good, but at times, she just won’t listen to anything. The best part about Zia is that, she is very caring. Anytime, we say about some problem, she will immediately come forward to help us. We feel in heaven palms tries to give us a massage. She might be having some kind of magic in her hands.

Sometime when we cannot control her, I give her one or two my dose! That works. But it also pains us that we had to spank our little daughter! She is very particular about dressing up. She never lets me go out in shorts. 'This does not match, wear that one', she always says.

She feels that I cannot dress her up properly. And, therefore, every time I dress her up, she will run to my wife and say, “Look what D has done! Is this how it should be?”

The other day I was playing chess with a friend of mine, and Zia said that she know how to play the chess. She asked to get a chess board for her, and she will teach me and Omi how to play chess.

In the PTM her teacher always says, she is not only naughty but is also spoiling other kids. But other than that she is a wonderful child. She does everything so perfect.

Zia’s teacher and our family doctor said that Zia would not have been naughty if she would have had a sibling. But we think that we are blessed that we have Zia. We don’t need anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment